This position is Australia wide and you do not need to be located in Melbourne.
How to apply
All applications must come through our HiveScout – Technology and Commercial Lawyer bot.
Hive Legal encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and minority and underrepresented people to apply. All recruitment and selection procedures and decisions will reflect Hive Legal’s commitment to providing equal opportunity by assessing all potential candidates according to their skills, knowledge, qualifications and capabilities.
Want to be a Technology and Commercial Lawyer at Hive Legal?
Hive Legal is a purpose driven corporate and commercial firm designed to improve the experience for our team and our clients. Our highly regarded and award winning Corporate, Commercial and Regulatory (CCR) team continues to expand, and we are seeking a new addition to join us.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for Lawyers, preferably around the Senior Associate level. You will play an important role in providing legal expertise on a wide range of commercial matters, with a particular focus on technology contracting. Your responsibilities will include drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial technology and data agreements and advising clients on risk analysis and mitigation, as well as the opportunity to work on broader commercial agreements, business transactions and corporate matters. We seek individuals whose values align with our own and are a perfect fit for our diverse, inclusive, and collaborative culture.
Join a truly different law firm
At Hive, we take pride in our unique approach that sets us apart from traditional law firms. We believe in doing things differently to create a fulfilling and supportive work environment for our team. Here’s what that means for you:
- No timesheets: We prioritise the quality of work over tracking billable hours.
- Work with industry leading clients: Our CCR team works with a diverse range of clients, including Top 200 ASX clients.
- Remote working: Enjoy the freedom to work remotely from the comfort of your home or at our Melbourne CBD office.
- Embrace flexible working arrangements: We encourage flexibility and understand that one size does not fit all. Choose from a wide range of working arrangements, whether it’s part-time or full-time, to strike the perfect work-life balance.
- Work on your schedule: Design your work schedule to fit your personal needs, ensuring that you can perform at your best, whenever it suits you best.
- Wellbeing: Your wellbeing matters to us. You and your immediate family members will have access to our employee assistance program, providing support and assistance when needed.
- Inclusivity: You can actively participate in various employee driven social and community initiatives including our pro bono program, environment, social and governance committee, diversity and inclusion committee and reconciliation action plan committee.
- Be part of an experienced and highly collaborative team: We foster a culture of collaboration and expertise. Our team members work closely together, providing opportunities for everyone to play a crucial role in shaping the course of our rapidly growing practice.
- Recognition: Recently, our CCR team received recognition by Lawyers Weekly as a finalist for the 2023 Commercial Team of the Year after being proud winners of the Commercial Team of the Year award in 2022.
Want to know more?
Please contact Melissa Lyon, Executive Director & Experience Director by emailing ([email protected]) or connecting with or messaging on Melissa Lyon on LinkedIn.