This position is Australia wide and you do not need to be located in Melbourne.
How to apply:
All applications must come through our HiveScout – Financial services bot.
At Hive Legal we are committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment where every individual is treated with dignity and respect. We have a zero-tolerance policy for any form of sexual harassment, bullying, discrimination or inappropriate conduct.
All recruitment and selection procedures and decisions will reflect Hive Legal’s commitment to providing equal opportunity by assessing all potential candidates according to their skills, knowledge, qualifications and capabilities.
Hive Legal encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and minority and underrepresented people to apply.
Want to be a Financial Services Lawyer at Hive Legal?
Hive Legal is a purpose-driven corporate and commercial firm designed to improve the experience for our clients and our own team. We are looking for a mid-level lawyer to join our highly regarded financial services team.
What opportunities can this role offer you?
- A great range of clients and activities. The clients we support are diverse in terms of their size, maturity and business activities. They include household name financial institutions and cutting-edge financial technology providers. That diversity means the work we do is varied and interesting.
- Join a team of experts. You will be part of a team of senior lawyers who you will be able to chat to, learn from, and teach every day. Our combined experience is drawn from national firms, in-house teams, regulators, and Board and other non-legal roles. We’re also normal people with families, pets, strengths and challenges. We have an open-door policy and a highly collaborative approach. Questions are welcome and curiosity is encouraged.
- Roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. From the outset you will be involved in our client relationships and have opportunities to continue to develop our practice and your own legal skills.
It’s the way we do it
At Hive, doing things differently is at the forefront of the way we work (and we have the awards to prove it). This means:
- we do not track billable hours, so you won’t have to fill in time sheets or worry about meeting targets. The fees we charge our clients are based on the value we add to their businesses;
- we aren’t afraid to lead change in the legal profession. Thinking about getting a new puppy? Check out our ‘pawternity leave’ employee benefits!
- you will have the ability to work from home or from our office in Melbourne’s CBD (or a combination of both, to best suit your needs that day/week);
- we encourage a wide range of different working arrangements, including part-time and full-time employment;
- you can schedule most of your work at the times that best suit your lifestyle
- you and your immediate family will have access to our Employee Assistance Program;
- you will be able to get involved in employee-driven social and community initiatives, including our pro bono program and our Reconciliation Action Plan, ESG, our Generative AI working group and wellness initiatives.
Hello…. Is it you we’re looking for?
We are looking for a lawyer who:
- ideally has 2-6 years’ post-qualification experience
- has a strong interest in working on ‘front end’ advisory and project matters in the financial services industry;
- enjoys and excels in technically challenging work;
- has strong general commercial, analytical and regulatory skills; and
- has values that align with those of Hive Legal, and who will thrive in our diverse, inclusive and collaborative culture.
Want to know more?
Please contact Melissa Lyon, Executive Director & Experience Director by emailing ([email protected]) or connecting with or messaging on Melissa Lyon on LinkedIn.