Hive Legal is a purpose driven corporate and commercial firm designed to improve the experience for our team and our clients. Our highly regarded Energy and Climate Change team continues to expand, and we are seeking a new addition to join our team.
What will you get to do?
- Meaningful work: The Hive Energy and Climate Change team is passionate about contributing to the transition of Australia’s energy sector as we move towards becoming a net zero emissions economy. The renewable energy and energy technology revolution in Australia is well underway, and you will get the opportunity to be involved in projects and reforms which are at the forefront of this process.
- Work with industry-leading clients: Our Energy and Climate Change team works with a diverse range of clients, including some of Australia’s most significant energy companies, the Victorian Government, carbon market participants and innovative energy technology providers.
- Be part of an experienced and highly collaborative team: Members of our team work together very closely, and all have the opportunity to shape the direction of our fast-growing practice. Our team was recently recognised as a finalist for Energy Team of the Year at the 2022 Australian Law Awards and is led by accomplished Hive Principals, Andrew Brookes and Mitzi Gilligan.
- Be a part of law firm that is truly different: At Hive, doing things differently sets us apart. Here’s what that means for you:
- we prioritise work quality over tracking billable hours, eliminating the need for time sheets.
- you will have the flexibility to work remotely from home or from our Melbourne office located in Melbourne’s CBD (we are also happy to consider candidates who are based interstate);
- we encourage flexibility across a wide range of different working arrangements, including part-time and full-time employment;
- you can work at the times that best suit your lifestyle;
- you and your immediate family will have access to our employee assistance program;
- you will be able to join employee-driven social and community initiatives, including our pro bono program, Reconciliation Action Plans (RAP) committee, Environmental Social and Governance (ESG) committee, and our book club.
Who are we looking for?
Lawyers, ideally at Senior Associate level who:
- have a strong interest in working on energy and climate change matters;
- are inclined towards technically challenging work;
- have good general commercial, analytical and regulatory skills; and
- whose values align with our own and fit with our diverse, inclusive and collaborative culture.
Lawyers who have experience in areas other than the energy and climate change sector are encouraged to apply if they meet the above criteria. We are also open to receiving applications from lawyers who are not currently at Senior Associate level.
We are dedicated to providing inclusive practices to attract and recruit the best talent. If there are any reasonable adjustments you may need to participate fully in our recruitment process, please let us know.
How to apply?
Please apply via our 2024 HiveScout – Energy and Climate Change Lawyer.
If you have any enquiries, please contact Melissa Lyon, Executive Director & Experience Designer at: [email protected].