Salary: In accordance with the Legal Services Award
Employment basis: Permanent part time (3 days per week)
How to apply:
All applications must come through our HiveScout – Legal Operations Technologist bot.
At Hive Legal we are committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment where every individual is treated with dignity and respect. We have a zero-tolerance policy for any form of sexual harassment, bullying, discrimination or inappropriate conduct.
All recruitment and selection procedures and decisions will reflect Hive Legal’s commitment to providing equal opportunity by assessing all potential candidates according to their skills, knowledge, qualifications and capabilities.
Hive Legal encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and minority and underrepresented people to apply.
Join a truly different law firm
Hive Legal is an award-winning purpose driven corporate and commercial firm that stands apart from traditional law firms by prioritising a unique approach focused on improving the experience for our clients and team. We were named Employer of Choice at the 2023 Australian Law Awards and, for us, it’s not just about what we do it’s the way that we do it.
Who are we looking for?
This position offers a unique opportunity to blend your passion for law and technology. We are looking for a Legal Operations Technologist to assist the team in a range of areas. You will be working closely with the Operations Manager and Executive Director in areas that include Business Administration, Information Technology, and Consulting.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the Operations Manager in overseeing our technology environment, in collaboration with our IT provider. This encompasses assisting with the management aspects such as cybersecurity, IT infrastructure, and the resolution of any arising issues.
- Staying updated on the latest legal technologies and trends and sharing them with our team.
- Evaluating the potential of emerging technologies including AI, machine learning and automation.
- Organising and overseeing tech demos to explore potential use-cases.
- Enhancing legal processes through design, development, and implementation of automated workflows to streamline tasks and reduce manual efforts.
- Collecting, organising and utilising data analytics for insights and decision-making. Retrieving data from various sources including our practice management system.
- Training legal professionals in tech tool usage and providing ongoing technical support and troubleshooting.
- Assisting with technology projects from conception to completion.
- Assisting in software implementations and migrations.
- Contributing to knowledge management by facilitating knowledge hubs, creating templates and mitigating knowledge loss resulting from staff departures or role changes.
- Supporting the Operations Manager and Principals in various aspects of the business.
- Working alongside our Operations Administrator to assist with day-to-day business administration and handling items that come through our central operations inbox.
- Providing on-site assistance, including technology support, processing and directing mail and deliveries, and welcoming and directing visitors to the business.
- Assisting the broader team with its client’s panel administration.
Qualifications and experience
- Currently pursuing or holding a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., Law or Technology).
- High-level proficiency in utilising the Microsoft 365 Suite (including Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Demonstrated analytical thinking with the capacity to collect and decipher data effectively.
- Strong grasp of technology implementation, automation, and AI principles.
- Outstanding organisational and time management, with the skill to prioritise tasks.
- Adherence to confidentiality principles, exhibiting discretion in handling private and sensitive information.
- Knowledge and use of other tools such as Power Automate and Zapier etc.
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel
Want to know more?
Please contact Stacy Otis, Operations Manager ([email protected]) or connect with or message Stacy Otis on LinkedIn.